qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [patch] More PCI ethernet emulations

From: Stefan Weil
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [patch] More PCI ethernet emulations
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 22:56:07 +0200

Good question. I stumbled about this, too, when I looked
at the code how I could apply your patch. Some months
had past since I wrote it :-)

The code writes to a serial EEPROM, so the 16 bits are
sent using only a clock and a single data bit. The
EEPROM emulation then takes the single bits and puts
them together.

The function gets a byte which contains clock, data and
two other significant bits, and 4 bits which are always 0.

When called with a word, only one byte is needed.
Maybe it is the wrong one - if you work with different
endianess.

I'l have a look at the other problems next weekend.

Stefan