qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: PC traces from QEMU

From: Antti P Miettinen
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: PC traces from QEMU
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 20:29:03 +0300

"Shashidhar Mysore" <address@hidden> writes:
> I intend to extract program counter streams from QEMU as a program executes.
> Can you please point me to the hooks that I may have to insert into the QEMU
> source code in order to extract the PC values?

I used to do that with qemu 0.7. I did not dig into this deep enough
to find the minimal changes but at least the following was enough:
- define DEBUG_EXEC in cpu-exec.c
- disable USE_DIRECT_JUMP in exec-all.h
- disable USE_CODE_COPY in target-i386/cpu.h
- force dc->jmp_opt to zero in target-i386/translate.c
Would be nice if enabling PC traces were possible with e.g. command
line (maybe requiring config time enable would be good too :-)

--
http://www.iki.fi/~ananaza/