qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] QEMU Alpha target

From: Stuart Brady
Subject: [Qemu-devel] QEMU Alpha target
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 22:18:54 +0100

On Thu, Mar 29, 2007 at 09:57:08PM +0200, J. Mayer wrote:
> If you are interressed to this target, you may like this:
> I did, for fun, a preliminary version of the alpha CPU emulation.
> For now, it implements most of the CPU instructions and should be able
> to achieve user mode emulation after a debugging pass. For now, only a
> few static programs start and run. The problem is I have too few free
> time to debug it correctly and no alpha hardware or specific knowledge
> to help me.
>
> So, if someone is interrested to debug and develop this target, I could
> add the code I have to the Qemu repository as a start and let any
> motivated one go on developping the target.

Great news!  I was wondering about the reference to 'TARGET_ALPHA' that
you made recently. :-)  While I'm interested, I can't promise to be of
much use, as I haven't worked with Alpha before.  OTOH, it can't hurt to
release the code, and I can certainly check it against documentation.

There certainly seems to be some interest, anyway. :-)
--
Stuart Brady