qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Bugs

From: Christian MICHON
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Bugs
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2007 14:11:03 +0200

On 3/31/07, James Jacobs <address@hidden> wrote:

> Using the start.bat file included with the QEMU package (except changing
> cd-rom and hard disk image filenames as appropriate).
> I haven't adjusted any audio settings, I'm using whatever the defaults
are.

which package ?

you mentionned a package. not me.
did you download the zip containing win32 executables ?

>I find strange even knoppix does not work with raw images. Have you
tried "fdisk" inside the guest ? and what "dmesg | grep hda" gives you ?

It doesn't even get that far. I get this kind of error: "qemu: could not
open hard disk image 'c:\e2\linux\debian.img'" and QEMU then quits. FILEMON
is showing that the file is being opened read-only for some reason, and the
resultcode is shown as SHARING.

I'll be offline for a week: send the start.bat to the list, hopefully someone
will look into it.

--
Christian