qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] unable to boot Linux PPC live CD

From: C.W. Betts
Subject: [Qemu-devel] unable to boot Linux PPC live CD
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2007 19:08:07 -0600

After failing to boot my Beige G3 from http://www.sysresccd.org/ the system
rescue CD, I decided to try the PPC version on Qemu. when using both 0.9.0 and
the CVS tree, the bootloader says that the bootstrap partition type is
"Apple_HFS" but it should be "Apple_Bootstrap".  It also shows
"OF_Property_copy errors", but it scrolls by so fast that I can't read them.  I
get as far as the Tux Penguin on the upper left-hand size, then it freezes.