qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: qemu vl.h hw/ppc405_uc.c target-ppc/translate_i...

From: J. Mayer
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: qemu vl.h hw/ppc405_uc.c target-ppc/translate_i...
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 11:11:23 +0200

On Tue, 2007-04-17 at 07:02 +0200, Lorenzo Campedelli wrote:
> Hello,
>
> is support for the 440GX processor foreseen anytime soon?
> (I noticed it i labelled with "TODO"...)

Yes, once some usable PowerPC 405 board will be committed, the next step
is to implement BookE PowerPC. BookE PowerPC is the core of all PowerPC
440 UC (and more).

> Which is the most similiar PPC processor already supported?
> What are the differences (in term of things needed to support it)?

It's quite near the PowerPC 405, for the instruction set but have a
specific MMU model. There is work in progress for this MMU
implementation. It will share some concepts with the PowerPC 405 MMU, in
fact.
User-mode emulation should already be OK, with some fixes in the CPU
definitions.
Full system emulation will need more work. In one hand it shares a lot
of things with the PowerPC 40x. In an other hand the actual
microcontroller are more complex than most PowerPC 405.
All this is in my job queue !

--
J. Mayer <address@hidden>
Never organized