qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] linux-user target

From: Stuart Anderson
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] linux-user target
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 15:30:56 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 18 Apr 2007, J. Mayer wrote:

You're right: I think all TLS specific code is located in the glibc.

In my last tracing through qemu.log, I did check for r2 references, and
there was one store near the beginning that looked like what glibc would
do (r2 = ptr+0x700), and the rest of the access were reads of r2.

It may be related to some of the library versions installed in
your 64 bits environment that would not be the same as the one used in
the 32 bits environment.

Both are current Debian etch systems, a real x86_64, and a real x86.
Both are running the same library versions.

ii  libc6                  2.3.6.ds1-13 GNU C Library: Shared libraries

One important
precision that may make a big difference: I always use gcc 3.4 to
compile because I know several  gcc 4.x bugs (crash during ISO C
compliant code and/or incorrect generated asm instructions), then I do
not consider gcc 4.x as usable for a production environment today.

I'm using gcc-3.4 as well.

ii  gcc-3.4                3.4.6-5 The GNU C compiler
ii  gcc-3.4-base           3.4.6-5 The GNU Compiler Collection (base package)

                                Stuart

Stuart R. Anderson                               address@hidden
Network & Software Engineering                   http://www.netsweng.com/
1024D/37A79149:                                  0791 D3B8 9A4C 2CDC A31F
                                                 BD03 0A62 E534 37A7 9149