qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] SunOS Testing on latest SVN snapshot

From: Jason Height
Subject: [Qemu-devel] SunOS Testing on latest SVN snapshot
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 10:04:19 +0930

Inspired by Blue Swirl's statement in an earlier email that SunOS testing can now commence against the latest SVN snapshot, i thought that i may finally be able to contribute.

I have available:

Solaris 1.0.1 (SunOS 4.1.4)
Solaris 2.4
Solaris 2.5
Solaris 6.5 (SPARC)
Solaris 7.0 (SPARC)
Solaris 8.0 (SPARC)

I think that all should run on a Sparstation 10, certainly up to Solaris 7.0.

However when i try to boot from the installation media to install, it would appear that Qemu/openbios cannot find the bootable portion of the media.

I get the following output from the console (Sorry i dont have the *exact* console output here, but this is the general gist of it)

Not a bootable ELF image
Not a Linux kernel image
Not a bootable a.out image
Not a bootable ELF image
Not a Linux kernel image

(And then dumps back to the openbios prompt)

Is there some tests/changes that i can make to assist in getting this to work.

Jason