qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Kernel panic with Linux 2.6.20 and -kernel-kqemu

From: Sean Rhea
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Kernel panic with Linux 2.6.20 and -kernel-kqemu
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 18:02:29 -0700

Hello,

I've just installed Ubuntu Fiesty Fawn in a 4 GB raw partition using
qemu 0.8.2 and kqemu 1.3.0pre11.  It works fine without the
-kernel-kqemu option, but with that option I get a kernel panic.

Specifically,

$ qemu -localtime -m 384 -boot c ubuntu.img

works great, but

 qemu -kernel-kqemu -localtime -m 384 -boot c ubuntu.img

fails with a kernel panic, and pcibios_sort is on the top of the call stack.

Is this a known bug?  I didn't find any info about it via Google.

I'm building qemu-0.9.0 now to see if that fixes it.

Thanks!
Sean
--
Looking for a PGP signature?