qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Minos-type integrity checking in QEMU

From: Shashidhar Mysore
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Minos-type integrity checking in QEMU
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 01:16:27 -0700

Hi,

I am trying to incorporate into QEMU (x86) some structures to maintain integrity of data that flows in the processor. Specifically, I want to maintain a bit for every physical memory address and transfer the state information for every address along onto the virtual memory, and also down to the instructions which operate on data, and bit arrays for registers (so that when an operand is fetched from a particular register, we also have the state information for that register). I am trying to build a Minos type architecture ( http://minos.cs.ucdavis.edu/) but in QEMU instead of Bochs.

For this, as far as I can see, I need to maintain a set of new structures to shadow the physical memory and make changes to the micro ops defined in target-i386/op.c so that every instruction can track the state and store them for every register used as an operand. I'm not sure if somebody has already implemented such a system on QEMU? I am just beginning to think and work on this, so any pointers/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Please let me know your views on this.

Thanks,
-Shashi.