qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Patch for SDL framebuffer console problem

From: kitambi
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Patch for SDL framebuffer console problem
Date: Thu, 3 May 2007 18:11:21 -0400

I did, of course, try this first.  The keyboard doesn't work after
qemu crashes.  The ways I tried to fix this were:
1. "reset" (didn't work)
2. log in remotely and reboot (always works)
3. log in remotely and try "vga_reset", and "fbset 800x600-56" (the normal mode

On 5/2/07, Rob Landley <address@hidden> wrote:
On Tuesday 24 April 2007 2:23 am, Kitambi Leo wrote:
> I've been using qemu using the Linux framebuffer console, on a machine
> that's a bit too slow to support X.  There have been more than a few
snags,
> but perhaps the most irritating one was that if qemu crashed (and received
> SIGSEGV), it would leave the console in an unusable state.  This would
> require me to log into the machine via ssh and reboot it remotely.

Type "reset" and hit enter when this happens.

Rob