qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Spontaneous reboots with FreeBSD + amd64 + kqemu

From: Juergen Lock
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Spontaneous reboots with FreeBSD + amd64 + kqemu
Date: Fri, 4 May 2007 22:48:00 +0200 (CEST)

In article <address@hidden> you write:
>Hello,
>
>I've just moved from an x86 machine to a Core 2 Duo machine, a Thinkpad
>X60 tablet, running FreeBSD 6.2-STABLE. I've enabled NET_WITH_GIANT
>and made sure that the kqemu module matches my kernel, which has SMP
>enabled. When trying to start qemu 0.9.0 with my old WinXP SP2 VMs, I
>get a Windows loader screen for a short while, and then my host hangs
>and reboots, giving no error messages. This happens in regular and full
>virtualization modes.

Hmm, have u tried a up kernel to see if the problem is smp related?

>Is there anything I can do to get some debugging information from kqemu?

 Actually there's debug.kqemu_debug sysctl you could enable, that logs
some of the kqemu calls to dmesg (you probably could add more
`if (kqemu_debug > 0) kqemu_log(...)' to kqemu-freebsd.c if you want.)

>Are there known problems running a 32-bit WinXP with kqemu on a 64-bit
>FreeBSD or Linux host?

 Others will have to answer that one...

        Juergen