qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: Could any body fix the bug in gdbstub.c for x86_64?

From: MingyanGuo
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: Could any body fix the bug in gdbstub.c for x86_64?
Date: Wed, 9 May 2007 23:16:31 +0800

On 5/9/07, Jan Kiszka <address@hidden> wrote:
MingyanGuo wrote:
> Hi,
> The -s option for qemu-system-x86_64 is not useable.
> I've already post a patch, but it is ignored.

Have you seen my patch [1] on this already? Does it work for you? It's
running fine here, but there are still some open questions [2], and I
unfortunately didn't received feedback on my last revisions as well.

I haven't looked in details at your approach, but you stumbled over the
same thing as I did, that redefining the register constants would
simplify things significantly - if this is fine with the rest of qemu.

I read your patch now, our approaches are the same I think, just in different
forms. I don't know if there are any adverse side effects to redefine the register
constants (see my comments in the patch), so a simple register mapping is a
quick fix :-)

> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2007-05/msg00062.html
> This patch is for version 0.9.0, could some body merge it
> in the cvs tree?

However the solution will finally look like, a fix for the next release
would be welcome here as well! One just need to know which way is
preferred...

Jan

[1] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2007-04/msg00554.html
[2] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2007-04/msg00524.html

I should cancel my patch now, as I am debugging an OS kernel, no xmms/fpu
registers considered, and your patch is better. :D

Regards,
MingyanGuo

--
Three passions, simple but overwhelmingly strong, have governed my life:
the longing for love, the search for knowledge, and unbearable pity for