qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] How to Linux kernel for MIPSEL qemu

From: PianoPan
Subject: [Qemu-devel] How to Linux kernel for MIPSEL qemu
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 00:18:28 +0800

Hello every one,

I try to build a mipsel kernel by myself for qemu-system-mipsel. But
the qemu can not boot it properly. Is there anyone can give me some
suggestion about it.

My method is following,

* Get the kernel of 2.6.18.3 from kernel.org
* Get the config.gz from the mipsel kernel that be provided by Qemu web.
* uncompress config.gz and rename it as .config, copy it to Linux
kernel directory .
* in the kernel directory, use following command to build the kernel
make ARCH=mips
CROSS_COMPILE=/opt/noki/mipsel-unknown-linux/sdktool/bin/mipsel-unknown-linux-
oldconfig

make ARCH=mips
CROSS_COMPILE=/opt/noki/mipsel-unknown-linux/sdktool/bin/mipsel-unknown-linux-
all

after build , I use qemu 0.9 to boot it, and do not successes.

#qemu-system-mipsel -kernel vmlinux -initrd initrd.gz -append "console=ttyS0"
qemu: Warning, could not load MIPS bios
'/opt/noki/mipsel-unknown-linux//sdktool//share/qemu/mipsel_bios.bin'
qemu: could not load kernel 'vmlinux'

Best regard!

Pan