qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Classic Mac OS

From: Ed Swierk
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Classic Mac OS
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 07:28:24 -0700

On Monday 21 May 2007 03:40:12 Markus Hitter wrote:
> Somewhere in the FAQs, the state of Classic Mac OS ist mentioned as
> "it is being worked on". Is this still true, is it possible to join
> the effort?

I'm not aware of anyone currently working on classic Mac OS support. PowerPC
system emulation has been broken for a while--at least I haven't had any luck
booting a recent Linux distribution with a 2.6 kernel--so even with the
proper firmware support, getting classic Mac OS to boot might be difficult
until it's fixed.

--Ed