qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] qemu (0.9.0) continously segfaults when using "xvncviewer"

From: Axel Kittenberger
Subject: [Qemu-devel] qemu (0.9.0) continously segfaults when using "xvncviewer"
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 12:02:48 +0200

Hi List!

Topic says all, We just buyed a new host to run a set of virtual machines, and I'm experimenting with kvm/qemu.

I noticed that continous segfaults (when installing Windows 2003 host, with -no-acpi and no kernel acceleration) are created when using the "xvncviewer" coming with my Ubuntu desktop. I downloaded the binary from www.vnc.com. Which doesn't seem to provoke the same segfaults on qemu server side. Just wanted to leave you a note.

I downloaded and hand-compiled already the latest qemu release, to be sure not to test against an the older release in ubuntu-server which the hosts runs with.

Greetings, Axel Kittenberger
(I'm not subscribed to the list, so please CC me, if you have answers)