qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] root userid remapping? ... no UID / GID variables set i

From: Mark Glines
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] root userid remapping? ... no UID / GID variables set in NFS root?
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 15:16:20 -0700

On Fri, 01 Jun 2007 00:06:43 +0200
Christopher Friedt <address@hidden> wrote:

> (is there any way to create a disk image from a directory tree??)

http://www.hohnstaedt.de/e2fsimage/

If you use this, you will get a raw e2fs filesystem image.  It will not
have a partition table, which means you will want to mount it directly
as /dev/hda (or /dev/sda), not /dev/hda1 (or /dev/sda1).

> The strange thing is, is that although I specify no_root_squash in my
> /etc/exports (and I've been using NFS for quite a long time
> successfully with other machines), only when I'm using Qemu does the
> user id of the 'init' process [0] get remapped to some completely
> absurd value of 4294967295.

4294967295 is decimal for 0xffffffff, also known as -1.  Maybe some
kind of bug?

Mark