qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] vdq and qemu

From: Mattia Gentilini
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] vdq and qemu
Date: Sat, 02 Jun 2007 14:16:26 +0200

Adrian Lambeck ha scritto:
Thanks for the reply! I am using vdeq to connect the qemu instance to the vde_switch and therefor I can not use dpipe. I will have to look into the sources of vdeq to see if I can change this somehow.

Adrian Lambeck

why not? dpipe connects vde_switch(es) together, it doesn't interfere with vdeq.

To better understand how to interconnect vde_switch, vdeq and dpipe I attach this schema, inspired by those made by Renzo Davoli, main developer of VDE. In particular, connection number 3 is made when you launch vdeq specifying the switch to connect QEMU to. Then, you launch dpipe with the tho vde_plug(s) to connect two vde_switch(es). the plugs implement the little gray connections you see in the left part of the schema, while dpipe creates the connection number 4 (green). The connection number 2 (dark red) could be created either by slirpvde or a tun/tap interface.

--
|\/|55: Mattia Gentilini e 55 oggetti non identificati
|/_| MSc in Computer Science      | www.getfirefox.com
|\/| University of Bologna, Italy | www.getthunderbird.com
* Using Windows Vista Business powered by Galvatron (Athlon 64 X2) *

PNG image