qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Sparc32 network problems

From: Blue Swirl
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Sparc32 network problems
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 19:44:04 +0300

On 6/10/07, Andreas Färber <address@hidden> wrote:

Am 10.06.2007 um 17:49 schrieb Blue Swirl:

> On 6/9/07, Andreas Färber <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Is Debian correct is saying that TCX supports 8-bit only? Don't we
>> have 15, 16 and 32 bit there, too?
>> I modified xorg.conf to use suntcx instead of sunffb; depths of 24,
>> 16 and 15 did not work, with 8 bit I got the Blue Swirl. ;-) Looks a
>> little ugly at 8bpp, and without Lance working I can't use XDMCP or
>> VNC instead.
>
> I'm not sure if there is anything else besides the 8 and 24-bit modes,
> only those are implemented.

Does that mean the 15, 16, 32 is dependent on the host?

No, my understanding is that TCX doesn't have those modes at all.

> To get the 24-bit mode you have to add -g
> 1024x768x24 to the command line. Otherwise the device is the 8-bit
> version.

Then please add this to the documentation! That currently only
mentions -g WxH for the size (and when I last tried with a lower size
it resulted in the text being cut off).

Good point. The resolution is currently hardcoded in OpenBIOS.