qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Qemu on Windows: Redirect output to console

From: Stefan Weil
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Qemu on Windows: Redirect output to console
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2007 22:58:11 +0200

Hi Peter,

there already exists a QEMU command line option -nographic which
disables graphical output and redirects the first serial port
of the emulated machine to the console.

With QEMU running Linux in text mode, this works fine - you will
"see" the boot messages and can run a shell or any text application
from the console, so it should be possible to analyse this output
with a screen reader.

QEMU can also redirect any serial port to pipes, so some
speech synthesizer like "festival" could be connected directly.

This URL describes the command line options -serial and -nographic:
http://fabrice.bellard.free.fr/qemu/qemu-doc.html#TOC10

I have no idea how you can access graphical interfaces like MS Windows.

Stefan