qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] vnc with german keymap

From: Eduardo Felipe
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] vnc with german keymap
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 11:44:58 +0200

2007/7/4, Juergen Lock <address@hidden>:

Ah, thanx, I didnt see that one! :)

I have a qeuestion tho: does this patch do deadkey handling on the host?

Yes. IIRC I needed that because some VNC clients I tested didn't send dead keys to the server. They just waited for a full character to be available in its buffer to send the KeyEvent message, as they assume the server will know how to represent it. That is, if I press ´ and o in some VNC clients, only an ó (0x00f3) message is sent after pressing the last key, not the 0xfe51 / 0x006f combination. The server (qemu) has to know how to build the character for its guest.

Because I didn't have to do anything like that for the de patch, the
guest could do that itself just fine.  (tested with a linux livecd
guest with (under X) and without deadkeys (console).)

Your VNC client probably sends deadkey messages... or maybe I have a complicated way to handle simple things :)

Regards,
Edu