qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Problem with the -serial option of qemu

From: The MoonSeeker
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Problem with the -serial option of qemu
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 15:07:59 +0200

Hi everyone,

I'm on gentoo 2.6.20-gentoo-r8 and I'm trying to send the serial port of my linux guest to a tcp server. To do that, i use this command :

qemu -hda linux.img -serial tcp::4000,server,nowait

And I get this error :

qemu: could not open serial device 'tcp::4000,server,nowait'

I was using the same command on Ubuntu 6.06 and that was working. I don't understand what's happen and how can I debug this?

Thx for help!