qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Solaris 10 dies during install

From: Alexey Eremenko
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Solaris 10 dies during install
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 15:03:03 +0200

Some news about Solaris on Qemu:

My Solaris is v2005, x86-64 + x86 on the same DVD. I installed the
x86-64 version.

Host: Fedora 7, 64-bit, Qemu CVS 2007-07-12, Intel Xeon.

Now the situation is better, Solaris dies after the install, not
during the install.

Screenshot of problem: (link will expire soon)
http://www.yousendit.com/download/OGhkMFhqQzdYSHcwTVE9PQ

So I did:
1. upgraded Qemu from 0.9 to CVS.

I didn't:
1. Solaris U3 (I wanted the original Solaris to run, but I may try
this version as well)
2. The instructions at opensolaris website cannot be used with Solaris
10 2005 release. They are specific to GRUB. This ver of Solaris uses
some other bootloader. Which one?

--
-Alexey Eremenko "Technologov"