qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] What is the current support state for Sparc emulation?

From: Blue Swirl
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] What is the current support state for Sparc emulation?
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 16:10:54 +0300

Hi,

I'd like to ask what is the state of Sparc emulation by qemu. Can it run
Solaris? I've seen and tried the qemu-system-sparc binary for windows, but it
has serious problems with even reading the CD.

There has been some progress lately, but I guess we are not there yet.
Did you try the current Qemu in CVS? Please note that the tested
Solaris version must support Sparc32 (V8) CPUs, Sparc64 can't run even
Linux.