qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] sending files from windows host to sparc Linux guest

From: spectral
Subject: [Qemu-devel] sending files from windows host to sparc Linux guest
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 11:34:07 +0200

Hi,

Last time I tried to launch qemu with -tftp option to transfer some files from
windows NTFS drive to Sparc Debian virtual disk ran under Qemu.
I launched Qemu with the following command:

qemu-system-sparc -M SS-10 -L . -m 1024 -hda hda.img -g 640x480 -tftp /try (I
wanted to transfer from c:\try directory)

Then, from Qemu, I ran commands:
tftp 10.0.2.2
tftp> binary
tftp> get file.txt

But then I encountered problems. At first, a "get file.txt" command gave me the
following message:

Error code 2: Access violation 5

Then I changed permissions to allow everyone everything on the "try" directory
and to propagate it to childs. Then the message was:

Error code 2: access violation 0

So my question is: should I be able to access NTFS partition with tftp on Qemu
Linux with -tftp option? Am I doing something wrong?

Regards,
Grzegorz Galezowski