qemu-devel

Re: QEMU Automated Testing (was [Qemu-devel] qemu Makefile.target vl.h h

From: Sunil Amitkumar Janki
Subject: Re: QEMU Automated Testing (was [Qemu-devel] qemu Makefile.target vl.h hw/acpi.c hw/adlib.c ...)
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 21:55:16 +0200

Thiemo Seufer wrote:
A missing libm sounds like a build environment problem.

Thiemo

Do you have a test for this because I reinstalled the entire
system from scratch and have had no problems building
lots of packages over the last week except for those
applications that assume that all the world is an x86?

The only thing I have had to do is getting a GCC 3.4.6
compiler setup which I did by configuring and packaging
it to  "/opt/gcc/3.4.6" and including it in the path and
making it the default using a script in "/usr/bin" and
reversing that again.

I *do* have it configured with "--with-arch=r4600", which
may have led to problems. It's really painful for me to
not done by me, on which I can rebuild GCC 3.4.6 without
this option, but I will if I really have to.

It works well for several packages that don't compile with
GCC 4.1.2, which is the system compiler and seems to
be the accepted default nowadays in all distributions.

I guess the best solution would be to change QEMU to
make it build with GCC4 but I understand that may not
be an easy endeavour to undertake because of fundamental
design issues.

Sunil