qemu-devel

Re: QEMU Automated Testing (was [Qemu-devel] qemu Makefile.target vl.h h

From: Thiemo Seufer
Subject: Re: QEMU Automated Testing (was [Qemu-devel] qemu Makefile.target vl.h hw/acpi.c hw/adlib.c ...)
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2007 11:17:19 +0100

Sunil Amitkumar Janki wrote:
> Thiemo Seufer wrote:
>> A missing libm sounds like a build environment problem.
>>
>> Thiemo
>
> Do you have a test for this because I reinstalled the entire
> system from scratch and have had no problems building
> lots of packages over the last week except for those
> applications that assume that all the world is an x86?
>
> The only thing I have had to do is getting a GCC 3.4.6
> compiler setup which I did by configuring and packaging
> it to  "/opt/gcc/3.4.6" and including it in the path and
> making it the default using a script in "/usr/bin" and
> reversing that again.

The problem is the linker (presumably /usr/bin/ld) does not
find the math library (likely name is /lib/libm.so.6). You can
add "-v" to the gcc command line to find out what it looks for.

JFTR, building qemu on Debian mips worked for me some days ago,
but the resulting binary was broken (as expected with current CVS).

> I *do* have it configured with "--with-arch=r4600", which
> may have led to problems. It's really painful for me to
> not done by me, on which I can rebuild GCC 3.4.6 without
> this option, but I will if I really have to.

A plain upstream tarball and the classic
"./configure && make && make install"
should work for that.

Thiemo