qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu vl.c vl.h hw/arm_boot.c

From: andrzej zaborowski
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu vl.c vl.h hw/arm_boot.c
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2007 17:45:03 +0200

Hi,

On 29/07/07, Paul Sokolovsky <address@hidden> wrote:
> Saturday, July 28, 2007, 1:08:46 AM, you wrote:
>
> > CVSROOT:        /sources/qemu
> []
>
> > Log message:
> >         Optionally setup old style linux bootparams for -kernel, by Juergen
> > Lock.
>
>           With such kind of options being merged, any chance that my
> old patch to override ARM MTYPE from command line can be merged too?

As I mentioned I'm quite sure your kernel from a different machine
won't boot unmodified on any of the currently supported boards even if
the MTYPE is changed. Add a new board description to boot a kernel
from that board (QEMU isn't suffering an overflow of different
machines now).

I'm not saying your patch can't be merged.

I don't see how the -old-param option is related, it makes the spitz
emulator appear closer to the real hardware.

Regards