qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Using Microsoft-provided Windows images

From: Dan Shearer
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Using Microsoft-provided Windows images
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2007 23:35:33 +0930

I have been playing around with the demonstration Windows images
downloadable from Microsoft just to see how hard it would be to use the
OSs they provide. The images are designed for Microsoft Virtual Server,
but can be successfully converted to qcow2 and vhdx using qemu-img. QEMU
won't boot the images (not a difficult problem, I think) but VMware can.
I'll try other free virtualisation systems at some point.

See http://shearer.org/Microsoft_Demo_VMs for my notes so far.

--
Dan Shearer
address@hidden