qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Network connections stalling (due to lost interrupts/ticks?

From: Charles Duffy
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Network connections stalling (due to lost interrupts/ticks?)
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2007 10:56:42 -0500

I'm trying to use qemu to test an install process which involves quite a bit of downloading. Everything starts up fine (using either ne2k_pci or rtl8139 hardware), but the multi-GB download typically stalls out about 100-400MB in. Is there anything I can do to prevent this?

There's a warning on startup that the system can't set a 1024Hz timer, which persists even after I set /proc/sys/dev/rtc/max-user-freq to 1024, and I occasionally get warnings at runtime ("Your time source seems to be instable or some driver is hogging interrupts").