qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Sparc guest - SCSI

From: Andreas Färber
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Sparc guest - SCSI
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2007 16:21:58 +0200

Am 03.08.2007 um 14:02 schrieb Nigel Horne:

Guest: Linux/sparc
Host: Linux/x86

From time to time I am getting SCSI errors from the guest using the
latest CVS:

scsi : aborting command due to timeout : pid 50803, scsi0,
channel 0, id 0, lun 0 0x2a 00 00 3d be 84 00 00 08 00 esp0:
Aborting command
esp0: dumping state
esp0: dma -- cond_reg<a4000211> addr<f292b000>
esp0: SW [sreg<00> sstep<04> ireg<18>]
esp0: HW reread [sreg<03> sstep<00> ireg<10>]
esp0: current command [tgt<00> lun<00> pphase<DATAOUT>
cphase<DATAOUT>]
esp0: disconnected SCSI host 0 abort (pid 50803) timed out -
resetting
SCSI bus is being reset for host 0 channel 0.
esp0: Resetting scsi bus
esp0: SCSI bus reset interrupt

As far as I can tell the guest recovers fine, but it may be worth
investigating.
I reported similar errors recently (OS X ppc host) - for me it
panics afterwards and does not recover fine. I got the impression
that it happens later if I disable the lance NIC.

I have the lance NIC enabled in the guest.

So what? I usually have it enabled, too. :)

No need to be so rude/agressive, I just thought I'd add the information in
case
some one found it helpful.

Hey, asking what you meant and a smiley are most certainly not rude or aggressive. You replied to my suggestion with a one-liner that was about as helpful as replying with your screen resolution, as it happens with and without NIC. So I wanted to know what you wanted to imply with that. Apparently nothing - question answered, thank you.

But on the subject of being "rude", I reported this a month ago in your "sparc guest" thread and it was ignored by everyone, you said nothing of esp0 issues back then and now it's suddenly a new issue...
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2007-06/msg00481.html

Andreas