qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Network connections stalling (due to lost interrupt

From: Jason Wessel
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Network connections stalling (due to lost interrupts/ticks?)
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2007 10:02:27 -0500

The RTC message has nothing to do with the interrupt controller load.

The patch I mentioned was aimed at stability/bug fix. Nothing to do with performance what so ever.

The simple test that you can usually break the qemu interrupt controller with is to do a "ping -f" to the target when using TAP. Then just run some other processes on the target or try to use the network with telnet or write to the disk with echo file > blah ; sync... It usually doesn't last too long. It is the "ping -f" that will keep the interrupt load at the max.

Jason.

n schembr wrote:
I'm seeing the same rtc error but my systems are not hanging. I can still get to them and they seem to handle a good load from time to time, 4 running proc.

Is this a stability or performance issue?

If it is a stability issue  how do I test it?