qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] adding support for above 2giga for qemu. ( include patc

From: Blue Swirl
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] adding support for above 2giga for qemu. ( include patchs )
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 17:50:10 +0300

On 8/14/07, Izik Eidus <address@hidden> wrote:
> hey,
>  i have wrote a patch to qemu to allow it to run with above the 2giga
> limitations we have now.
>  i tested it on qemu that used kvm with 14giga of ram, and it was tested at
> other place with 32giga of ram to the guest ( 32bits, and 64bits).

Great! So it does work on x86, on Sparc there were problems.

I updated my patch by introducing a host_phys_addr_t type. There were
a long discussion about host address type, I think the result was that
'unsigned long' works as it ever has except for Win64.

I don't know which is better strategy, do int to unsigned long
conversion first (like your patch) and then replace unsigned long with
host_phys_addr_t, or vice versa. Or direct int -> host_phys_addr_t
which this patch does.