qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Current state of SMP?

From: Simon Peter
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Current state of SMP?
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 10:20:08 +0200

Hi,

I'd like to emulate an SMP x86 system using QEMU, running on Linux-x86.
For a first test, I tried to boot Debian Live with it using the
following command line:

qemu -cdrom debian-live-sid-i386-standard.iso -smp 2

It gets to the bootloader (LILO), but the keyboard is not responding.
Adding -no-acpi to the command line does not solve the problem.

I tried both the current release version 0.9.0 and the current CVS
version of today.

Does anybody know what's going on? Is SMP support working at the moment?

Thanks!
Simon