qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Hardware Security Dongle

From: solid
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Hardware Security Dongle
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 01:02:30 -0400 (EDT)

This may have been asked in another thread but I have not seen it in the
archives.

I have this OS that I would like to run inside qemu.  The OS requires a
hardware security dongle before it will boot.  I am not real familiar with
these devices but apparently they house some kind of encryption/decryption
program required to init the kernel.

The dongle is a usb one made by a company called rainbow.  The model
appears to be superpro.  Can anyone tell me what config I need to pass to
qemu to get it to "find" this dongle?  Whenever I try to boot the install
CD it says "hardware portal not found" and refuses to go into the install
program.  BTW I know that message is from the OS not qemu cause it says
the same thing if I try to boot the OS w/o the security portal in a
nonvirtual setup.

--
Cheers,
Solid