qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Hardware Security Dongle

From: Natalia Portillo
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Hardware Security Dongle
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 07:11:51 +0100

Hi,

As seen on:
http://fabrice.bellard.free.fr/qemu/qemu-doc.html

you need to pass it -usbdevice host:<vendor>:<pid>

You can get Vendor and ProductID using lsusb (part of usbutils packages)
in Linux or in hardware manager in Windows (properties of the device,
advanced, hardware identification, it will appear as VID and PID part of
a big sentence).

Please note this is somewhat experimental (lot more in Windows) and the
device MUST BE NOT BEING USED BY THE HOST OS!
That is, no driver is using it (remove the module in Linux, uninstall
the driver in Windows, are the better ways), or there will be a lot of
changes that your host hangs badly.

If you get it to work, notice us, and put the OS in the Official OS
Support List at http://www.claunia.com/qemu/ thanks.

Regards,
Natalia Portillo