qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [patch] make qemu work with GCC 4

From: Johannes Schindelin
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [patch] make qemu work with GCC 4
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 13:40:55 +0100 (BST)

Hi,

On Wed, 29 Aug 2007, Michael Matz wrote:

> On Wed, 29 Aug 2007, Johannes Schindelin wrote:
>
> > > The whole patch is against a 0.9.0-cvs version from 2007-07-09 (Alex
> > > might know the exact checkout date), so chances are that it still
> > > applies :)
> >
> > It is based on the z80 fork, but it applies relatively cleanly (one
> > trailing whitespace) to the version as of "Use unsigned 32-bit load
> > for ld/lduw".
> >
> > However, I still get this error:
> >
> > ../dyngen -o op.h op.o
> > dyngen: ret or jmp expected at the end of op_tadd_T1_T0_ccTV
> > make[1]: *** [op.h] Fehler 1
> > make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/me/qemu/sparc-linux-user'
>
> Using SuSE 10.2, i.e. gcc 4.1.2?

Yep.  It would be good to fix this error before applying the patch to CVS
;-)

> > When only making i386-softmmu, I still get this (on SuSE 10.2):
> >
> > In file included from /home/gene099/my/qemu/usb-linux.c:29:
> > /usr/include/linux/usbdevice_fs.h:49: error: expected ‘:’, ‘,’, ‘;’, ‘}’
> > or ‘__attribute__’ before ‘*’ token
> > [...]
>
> Yes, that's a problem of the kernel headers on 10.2.  You can work
> around this with the below snippet.

I did it differently now.

My changes can be seen (and fetched) at

        http://repo.or.cz/qemu/dscho.git/

in the "gcc4" branch.  This is just your patch applied to the revision I
mentioned (which is available in the "gcc4-original" branch), then rebased
onto current CVS (or what Jens Axboe's clone is current at right now).  I
adjusted one target_ulong, and added another commit for the
linux/compiler.h issue.

Ciao,
Dscho