qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [patch] make qemu work with GCC 4

From: Michael Matz
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [patch] make qemu work with GCC 4
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 15:30:45 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

On Wed, 29 Aug 2007, Andreas Färber wrote:

> > >What do you mean with 0.9.0-cvs? The 0.9.0 GCC4 patches for OSX/Intel
> >
> >Do you mean my patches?
>
> No. Are yours already OSX-compatible?

No OSX, no idea :)

> I referred to previous patches, specifically those currently applied for
> Q: http://www.kju-app.org/proj/browser/trunk/patches There were also
> some in the QEMU forums. Those only apply to the 0.9.0 tag.

I see.  We seem to use some of these patches (perhaps in a modified form)
in our qemu package too.  Sorry that I'm so unsure about the qemu topics,
I'm only a compiler developer hitting qemu hard enough until it works with
gcc4 :-)

> So I was wondering whether 0.9.0-cvs from date meant 0.9.0 tag or HEAD
> as of date.

It was supposed to mean some CVS checkout from after 0.9.0 release, where
I myself couldn't really make out at which date the checkout was done
(because it wasn't done by me, and I didn't feel like digging too long, as
the patch obviously still applied mostly).

> Sorry if this is obvious but I'm used to Subversion. In your patch I
> first read qemu-0.9.0, which confused me as I don't consider CVS HEAD to
> be 0.9.0. Will try your updated patch later.

That btw. is against CVS HEAD (as of today).  I have no idea what's
necessary for OSX, it might be that you need additional patches, or not,
can't help with that.

Ciao,
Michael.