qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] [help] When T0 is updated to last exectued TB

From: Wang,zhi
Subject: [Qemu-devel] [help] When T0 is updated to last exectued TB
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 20:51:27 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,
I am a newcomer to QEMU. I am trying to understand the QEMU code. I am a little
bit confused about the following code about chaining TBs with direct jump
(cpu-exec.c, line 611, I edited it to remove #ifdef to make it clear to
discussion):
                if (T0 != 0 && tb->page_addr[1] == -1 ) {
                    spin_lock(&tb_lock);
                    tb_add_jump((TranslationBlock *)(long)(T0 & ~3), T0 & 3,
tb);
                    spin_unlock(&tb_lock);
                }

Say, if I am compile an i386-softmmu target on i386 host, T0 is %ebx. From the
code, T0 should contain the point to the last executed translation block. I
checked many code but couldn't find where T0 is updated to the last executed
block. Is there anyone willing to give me a hint? Thanks

Pangy

Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha! Play Monopoly Here and Now (it's updated for
today's economy) at Yahoo! Games.