qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] gdbstub breakpoints not working across virtual address spac

From: Bradley Schatz
Subject: [Qemu-devel] gdbstub breakpoints not working across virtual address spaces
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 22:28:00 +1000

I have breakpoints failing in the case where a breakpoint is set on a
virtual address in another virtual address space. The virtual address
is mapped to nothing in the current virtual address space.

I would like breakpoints to arbitrarily apply across all virtual
address spaces.

My initial investigations suggest that a call to breakpoint_invalidate
after cr3 has been set to the new virtual address space, somewhere in
the softmmu, would be the place to start.

Any suggestions to point me on the right path?

Thanks,

Bradley