qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] gdbstub breakpoints not working across virtual address

From: Bradley Schatz
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] gdbstub breakpoints not working across virtual address spaces
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 07:57:53 +1000

I am running a windows2k guest, which in turn is running coLinux. I
wish to set a breakpoint in the linux instance.

A windows driver loads, and builds the page tables of two independent
virtual address spaces, and backs them with page frames allocated
using the windows driver API. The two addreess spaces are a trampoline
address space, and then the coLinux address space. The driver then
switches to the linux virtual address space via the trampoline space.

I am currently setting a breakpoint on an address in the linux address
space before the driver is even loaded. On running, the breakpoint is
ignored, but colinux runs.

Thanks,

Bradley