qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu/target-sparc exec.h op.c op_helper.c op_me...

From: Aurelien Jarno
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu/target-sparc exec.h op.c op_helper.c op_me...
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2007 19:50:18 +0200

Andreas Färber a écrit :
> Am 22.09.2007 um 13:49 schrieb Aurelien Jarno:

>>> I have been unable to enter the monitor... If you need more
>>> information from me, please provide detailed instructions how to
>>> obtain the requested log file.
>>>
>> Unfortunately I don't have the same symptoms, so I am not sure it
>> is the
>> same problem. In my case the bug has been introduced by the iommu
>> commit
>> which does not consider big endian hosts.
>>
>> The patch below fixes the problem in my case. Could you please try it?
>
> I tried Blue Swirl's commit thereof and it still fails for me, same
> symptoms. The virtual CPU load is at about 80% and nothing happens,
> no graphical or textual output (after "starting qemu..."), it just
> hangs.
>
> I can't say exactly which commit introduced the breakage but it
> must've been one this week... And x86 is not affected.
>
> Could it be related to the slavio keyboard handling changes? I'm
> using an Apple keyboard.
>
> Or maybe the 64-bit flag extension patch by Alexander Graf? Wildly
> guessing here...
>
> Would recording serial output to a file help? Or does that apply only
> to boot problems with an OS? Anything else that could help?

The main think that would help is to find which commit has broken qemu
on OS X, or in other words the latest version that is working. Then it
would be a lot more easier to find what is wrong in the code.

--
  .''`.  Aurelien Jarno             | GPG: 1024D/F1BCDB73
 `. `'   address@hidden         | address@hidden