qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] view qemu output/console

From: Clemens Kolbitsch
Subject: [Qemu-devel] view qemu output/console
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 17:25:00 +0200

hi!
i'm having a problem that could have a very easy answer:

my i386 linx system crashes due to a module error and i have to find out where
it crashes exactly.... i have the module source code.

when the kernel crashes, it displayes the message, however as it is way much
more information that can be displayed in the qemu window, i only see the
last 20-something lines. as the crash is fatal, no entries are made to the
log-files and i have not succeeded redirecting output to my console (using
the -nographic option) as my linux does not boot correctly then.

i have also tried attaching a debugger, however i neither have a unzipped
image of my kernel nor are the breakpoints hit correctly as the crash happens
inside a module that is loaded on system-startup (i.e. is not part of the
kernel).

can someone give me a hint on how i am able to read the whole output of
the "kernel-oops"?

thanks!!