qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Is it easy to support booting off real harddrive?

From: n schembr
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Is it easy to support booting off real harddrive?
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 08:04:52 -0700 (PDT)

----- Original Message ----
From: naruto canada <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden
Sent: Monday, September 24, 2007 4:45:46 AM

hi

Is it easy to support booting off real harddrive?
Thanks

This is the way I boot my remote systems.

# use raw disk    -hda /dev/sdc
#  use image file -hda hda1.img

qemu -kernel-kqemu   -boot c -hda /dev/sdc  -m 128 -net nic,vlan=0 -net
tap,vlan=0,ifname=fwRed  -net nic,vlan=1 -net tap,vlan=1,ifname=fwGreen -hdb
hd256M.img

If I need to I can move this disk to /dev/sda and boot it on real hardware.  It
works great on linux.