qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Build failure on OS X

From: Andreas Färber
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Build failure on OS X
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 14:05:42 +0200

Hi,

Am 30.09.2007 um 13:45 schrieb J. Mayer:

Anyone any idea what might've caused this build failure? I'm fairly
certain I haven't messed with or updated the system headers.

have you just updated your CVS co ?

Yes.

Please try to comment the "always_inline" definition in vl.h /
exec-all.h.
If this is what's breaking your build, I'll revert this definition.

It is, thanks for the pointer! (The source file itself didn't appear to have been updated.)

With line 284 of math.h reading:
                static __inline__ int __inline_isfinitef        (float      )
__MATH_H_ALWAYS_INLINE__;

The fact the error mentions "__attribute__" and ALWAYS_INLINE make me
think the always_inline defintion is the suspect here....

I believe Apple's GCC in general has a problem with the __attribute__ notation. The ppc*-softmmu fail to build for some time due to its use for aliasing in hw/ppc.c. Maybe we could add a configure check for this feature to have a conditional define? That would allow a more elegant fix than the one I use locally and had previously suggested.

Best regards,

Andreas