qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Build failure on OS X

From: Andreas Färber
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Build failure on OS X
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 16:28:58 +0200

Am 30.09.2007 um 15:27 schrieb J. Mayer:

On Sun, 2007-09-30 at 15:08 +0200, Andreas Färber wrote:
Am 30.09.2007 um 14:17 schrieb J. Mayer:
Would this new definition solve the compilation failure ?

#ifndef always_inline
#if (__GNUC__ < 3) || defined(__APPLE__)
#define always_inline inline
#else
#define always_inline __attribute__ (( always_inline )) inline
#endif
#endif

It does.

OK, then I will commit this fixup, even if it may generate slower code
for interrupt processing (which is already something slow...).

Well, slower compared to Linux certainly, but there's no fancy acceleration anyway. I consider working+slow better than not working at all. If someone has a speedup idea for the __APPLE__ case, that could still be applied separately.

the alias attribute is used to define a new function name that actually
refer to another existant function, this to avoid code duplication. We
can easily avoid using it using an inline function for the actual
implementation and calling it from different places. Please take a look
at this patch.

Patch looks okay to me and compiles. Again, I have no idea about the implications and any performance impact.

Either way, if I run "qemu-system-ppc -boot d -cdrom debian-40r0- powerpc-DVD-1.iso" this is what I get:

starting qemu...
qemu: fatal: Unable to find PowerPC CPU definition

NIP fffffffc LR 00000000 CTR 00000000
Bus error

I haven't used it in a while; as reported earlier, it didn't really work back then either, but it worked "more", i.e. started to boot. But this is with or without the patch, so unrelated - just saying I can't confirm that this patch works 100%.

Regards,

Andreas

P.S. I'm subscribed, you don't need to CC me. :)