qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Updated >2G memory patch

From: Avi Kivity
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Updated >2G memory patch
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 16:37:40 +0200

J. Mayer wrote:
* for 64 bits targets, a multiple level table has to be used to avoid
the need of huge l1_xxx tables. This includes the alpha target (42 bits
of physical address space), for which I recognize the quick hack I did
commit is not really acceptable.

We can allocate a sparse table here, so the table is huge but doesn't actually occupy all that memory.