qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu/pc-bios ppc_rom.bin

From: Andreas Färber
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu/pc-bios ppc_rom.bin
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 15:24:10 +0200

Am 01.10.2007 um 09:12 schrieb Bob Deblier:

Ideally we should have an OpenBIOS compiled for QEMU/PPC. Is anyone
working on this?

I had looked into this recently but it turned out that PearPC and others using OpenBIOS/ppc use an ELF format OpenBIOS binary that is incompatible with QEMU, expecting some raw image. I have no idea how to go about this; the (working) sparc version uses some "weird" assembler initializations. ;-)

Me too, I believe that OpenBIOS would be a better long-term solution. Maybe OHW can be merged into OpenBIOS for not having to start from zero?

Andreas