qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Build failure on OS X

From: Andreas Färber
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Build failure on OS X
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 13:12:10 +0200

Am 30.09.2007 um 17:54 schrieb Andreas Färber:

Am 30.09.2007 um 17:05 schrieb Andreas Färber:

Am 30.09.2007 um 16:37 schrieb J. Mayer:

If someone has a speedup idea for the __APPLE__ case, that could
still be applied separately.

I guess there are some already defined macros in the Apple build
environmnet that should be used instead. But I don't know too much about
this environment... The slowdown is really not an issue in that
particular case.

Actually, I am now seeing that in math.h Apple itself uses __attribute__ ((always_inline)) for __MATH_H_ALWAYS_INLINE__ if __GNUC__ is defined ... so I now believe the issue is rather the "recursive" definition of always_inline: QEMU defines always_inline and it subsequently tries to replace always_inline inside the __attribute__(()) in math.h! Could this be it?

Puzzling, the attached patch works. It appears to be the trailing inline that it doesn't like for some reason.

Just scratch it... On second tests it doesn't work at all, I could've sworn I did make distclean before building...