qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] RFC: BIOS filename option

From: J. Mayer
Subject: [Qemu-devel] RFC: BIOS filename option
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2007 05:11:55 +0200

Hi,

This is a proposal to allow the user to select a BIOS file name on the
command line. The goal is mainly to ease debug, for example when I want
to try to run a firmware comming from a real machine instead of the
default one.
The only change is to add a -bios <filename> option, use the given file
if any or use the default if none were given.
Maybe the options would be better named as -biosfile.... Or it maybe a
good idea to give a full path, not to concatenate the given name with
the bios_dir prefix...
Some may find this option is not so useful, as one can specify a
directory to find the target BIOS. But I feel more confortable keeping
all BIOS images together at the same place.

Please comment.

--
J. Mayer <address@hidden>
Never organized